Saturday, August 10, 2013

Musical Interlude: Curious

by Andrea Mulder-Slater

Back in another lifetime,  I was a music journalist. For several years,  I interviewed a lot of bands - many of them up and coming musicians from Canada.

This morning in the studio, a song came on the radio and I was instantly transported "back to the 90s". I knew I had interviewed the band, but it took me a minute to sort through my memory banks and determine who the band was! Then, it hit me.

The band was Sandbox, from Nova Scotia. The song... was "Curious"

Enjoy!




Here's a bit of trivia for you (courtesy of Wikipedia): Following the dissolution of the band, guitarist Mike Smith went on to play Bubbles on the cult hit television series Trailer Park Boys. Bassist Scott MacFarlane played for Crush and Gordie Sampson. Jason Archibald graduated from Dalhousie University in 2001 with a degree in medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment