Friday, December 13, 2013

Mixed Media by Andrea Mulder-Slater

The Art of December - 12/13/13: Mixed Media by Andrea Mulder-Slater
 
by Andrea Mulder-Slater

To celebrate the holidays, we've decided to post a photo of a work of art (available for sale in our studio/gallery) each day between December 1st and 24th. 

 December 13, 2013

This little mixed media piece was created by me....

For a mixed media piece, I first do a quick pencil sketch on watercolour paper. 

Then, I wet the paper by running a soaking wet paintbrush over the entire sheet. 

Next, I dip a wooden skewer stick into ink (generally black) and trace over my pencil lines. Because the paper is wet, the ink runs. Everywhere. 

I begin to add watercolour to the paper while there is still a fair amount of moisture on the page. 

Once dry, I embellish the work with soft pastel.



Andrea Mulder-Slater
Mixed Media
8" x 10"
Ink, watercolour and pastels



No comments:

Post a Comment